Riley's puppies, the first week

 Riley's puppies to Santee - the Goldmali Q litter

I had planned for this litter for about 2 years. It's meant to be my final Malinois litter - it's just not possible to keep going forever, I have to take into account that if these puppies live for 15 years then we need to be available for both the puppy we keep and the new owners for that long.

This particular mating combines all my most special Malinois in the same pedigree.

It's the 5th generation Goldmali on the mother's side.

The sire is, again, the marvellous Santee Sioux at Goldmali, who has proved to be such a great influence on all his pups. His sons and daughters are doing everything from being assistance dogs to disabled owners, a professional tracking dog and PAT dog, competing in various dog sports, and being much loved family members. Santee is pure show lines.

Santee Sioux at Goldmali

(Foxbriar Dashing Desperado x Goldmali Faith)

Hip score: 6/5 Elbow score: 0/0 Last eye tested clear 3/10 2020

DNA tested clear for SDCA1 and SDCA2

 

The dam is Riley; Goldmali Name of the Game 

Riley is roughly two thirds show lines and one third working lines. I own and bred both her parents Rex and Ritzy, I own and bred her grandmother Rona and I owned and bred her great grandmother Rio, and I owned her amazing great great grandmother Ripley (Champion Sabrefield Zimply Zuper). I also own both Rex's parents. There's UK lines and imports from Belgium and Holland.

Goldmali Name of the Game
 
(Goldmali King of Hearts x Goldmali Imagine) 

Hip score: 5/6 Elbow score: 0/0 Eye tested clear 18/1 2020.
 
DNA tested clear for SDCA1&2 AND well over 100 other genetic conditions.

Here's Riley when she was just over 8 weeks pregnant. Huge!


Look at my big belly!
14th of November via the webcam - Riley is in the spare bedroom next to ours. She's one bitch who preferred having no other dogs near when she was due, and well, a certain spoilt little Poodle could never be evicted from the main bedroom.

On the 16th of November 2020 Riley started to check the whelping box out.
In the afternoon she went into labour. She gave birth to 11 puppies in 12 hours.
I only took a few snapshots with the webcam when John let me have a break to go and watch EastEnders on TV.







At 5 am there were 10 pups and it looked like she had finished.
But no, one more arrived.
Riley's 11 puppies in order of birth:
1. Dog (Red collar) 
2. Dog (Black collar)
3. Dog (Green collar)
4. Bitch (Yellow collar)
5. Dog (Blue collar)
6. Bitch (Dark Pink collar)
7. Dog (Grey collar)
8. Dog (Orange collar)
9. Dog (Brown collar)
10. Bitch (Purple collar)
11. Bitch (Pink collar)

7 dogs and 4 bitches. All nice and big and healthy.
 
17th of November:





I always think that newborn Malinois pups look like moles. All are born dark and then lighten gradually.
What am I meant to do with all of these??

It took Riley a couple of days to get used to having so many pups. Initially she found it difficult to not accidentally lay on one, or forget some when feeding them. But we were there helping her of course.
 
18th of November:



Pink climbed up to sit on Riley's head!

19th of November:

I'm getting the hang of this!
There are enough a lot of them!!

They do make me tired.

Is that food over there?

Proud mum
Do you mind, I'm trying to sleep!
You try feeding 11 puppies and see how lively you feel.

Now leave me alone to sleep, please.
 
(So I did, but still watched via the webcam, below).
 




21st of November:
5 days old already!
I'm a lot more relaxed now.
The puppies are gaining weight really well.

Red was the firstborn and he may well end up the same red colour as his dad.


 To be continued!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Riley's puppies 6-7 weeks old

Riley's puppies 5 weeks old

Riley's puppies 2 weeks old